A 5-day course leading to the RSPH Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety and Hygiene.
An intensive course designed to provide managers in the food and drink industry with detailed and up-to-date information on food safety theory and practice.
It is highly recommended that candidates complete the Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety & Hygiene (or equivalent), or can demonstrate considerable industry experience before embarking on this advanced level course.
Pre-course Assignment and Homework
Prior to the course you will be given access to our online Food Safety Supervision course which will act as a useful refresher. Homework may also be required during the course.
The examination consists of two papers, taken approximately two weeks after the course.
- Paper one consists of 20 short answer questions to be answered in 2 hours,
- Paper two consists of controlled assignments to be completed in 2 hours. The assignments may be viewed prior to the examination. Candidates can opt to answer questions relating either to catering or manufacturing
- All questions on both of the papers must be answered.
Course fee includes:
- Course binder and notes
- Textbook: ‘Hygiene for Management’ (Sprenger)
- Lunch and refreshments
- RSPH examination fee and certificate
Course Structure & Content
- Your Role in Food Safety Management
- Food Hazards – Biological, Chemical, Physical and Allergenic
- Contamination, Cross Contamination and Controls
- The Management of Cleaning and Disinfection
- The Manager’s Role in Training
- Food Storage and Temperature Control
- Food Preservation
- Management of Personal Hygiene
- Design & Use of Food Premises and Equipment
- Food Safety Legislation
- The Manager’s Role in Food Complaints
- Investigation of Food Poisoning
- Pest Management
- Food Safety Management Systems
- Food Safety Standards
- Examination and Controlled Assignment Preparation