A 5-day course leading to the RSPH Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety and Hygiene.
An intensive course designed to provide managers in the food and drink industry with detailed and up-to-date information on food safety theory and practice.
It is highly recommended that candidates complete the Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety & Hygiene (or equivalent), or can demonstrate considerable industry experience before embarking on this advanced level course.
Homework may be required during the course.
The examination consists of two papers, taken approximately two weeks after the course.
- Paper one consists of 20 short answer questions to be answered in 2 hours,
- Paper two consists of controlled assignments to be completed in 2 hours. The assignments may be viewed prior to the examination. Candidates can opt to answer questions relating either to catering or manufacturing
- All questions on both of the papers must be answered.
£855 + VAT (Classroom)
£770 + VAT (Remote)
All course fees are payable in advance
Course fee includes:
- Course binder and notes
- Textbook: ‘Hygiene for Management’ (Sprenger)
- Lunch and refreshments*
- RSPH examination fee and certificate
* Classroom courses only
Course Structure & Content
- Your Role in Food Safety Management
- Food Hazards – Biological, Chemical, Physical and Allergenic
- Contamination, Cross Contamination and Controls
- The Management of Cleaning and Disinfection
- The Manager’s Role in Training
- Food Storage and Temperature Control
- Food Preservation
- Management of Personal Hygiene
- Design & Use of Food Premises and Equipment
- Food Safety Legislation
- The Manager’s Role in Food Complaints
- Investigation of Food Poisoning
- Pest Management
- Food Safety Management Systems
- Food Safety Standards
- Examination and Controlled Assignment Preparation